There are several steps required before being eligible for initial licensure:
- Complete your Initial Registration Assessment Application online on the New Applicant Portal. Your application also includes the option to apply for:
- Submit proof of legal name (i.e. birth certificate and marriage certificate, if applicable) and photo identification (i.e. passport, driver’s licence, government issued photo ID). Submit both items to us either through the mail or email. Unclear and/or faxed copies will not be accepted.
- Pay the assessment fee and the Jurisprudence fee. The fees are non-refundable and can be paid in the New Applicant Portal by credit card.
- Complete the rest of your application. All application items must be official documents sent directly to CRNNS by an issuing authority which have not been in anyone else’s possession other than the authority and institution issuing it. We do not accept certified true copies. The rest of the application package includes, but is not limited to:
– Verification Form of Original Nurse Registration and Examination Scores
– Verification Form of Other Registration/Licensure In Jurisdiction (nursing and other regulated professions)
– Statement from Employer for Initial RN Licence
- Submit the original hard copy of your Canadian Vulnerable Sector Check/Criminal Record Check and International Criminal Record Check by mail or in person or complete the online Canadian Vulnerable Sector Check/Criminal Record Check and International Criminal Record Check. The original hard copy may be returned to you upon request.
Please be advised that registration requirements and fees are subject to change.