College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia
Committee Portal Agreement
In return for the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia (hereinafter referred to as ‘CRNNS’)
providing you with a user ID and password, you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions of
use for this and all future uses of the CRNNS Committee Portal through the use of your CRNNS user ID
- You agree that the CRNNS’ Committee Portal shall only be used for CRNNS’ business purposes.
- You agree not to divulge, in any way, knowledge of any confidential information which has come
to you by virtue of your access to the Committee Portal.
- You recognize that all messages sent over CRNNS’ Committee Portal are the property of the
CRNNS. Since the CRNNS’ communication systems shall be used for business purposes only, you
recognize that you shall have no expectation of privacy associated with the information you
store in or send through these systems.
- You understand and accept that you are at all times responsible for your CRNNS user ID and
password. This responsibility applies even if you change the user ID and password. You agree
that this information will be kept confidential at all times and must not be shared with or
disclosed to others.
- You agree not to use predictable passwords– example: using "X34JAN" in January, "X34FEB" in
February, etc. Predictable passwords could include all or part of your name or a family
member’s name or birthdate.
- If your password and/or user ID are revealed or if you suspect that someone else has learned or obtained them, you are responsible for immediately revoking or changing your user ID and password. You agree to immediately advise the CRNNS at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You agree that your CRNNS password will not be written down or left in a place where unauthorized persons might discover them i.e. in the vicinity of a workstation.
- You agree not to use your CRNNS user ID and password for any illegal or improper activities.
- Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not use any script, robot, spider, WebCrawler, automated query program or other automatic device or manual process to monitor or copy the content (except where approved in writing by CRNNS).
- You agree that you will not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the CRNNS Committee Portal, and that you will not disturb the normal operation of such services.
- You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an excessive, unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the CRNNS’ infrastructure.
- You agree not to use the services in a manner that harasses or may harass other parties, or that will or will have the potential to disrupt, undermine, corrupt, diminish or otherwise threaten or jeopardize the CRNNS' Committee Portal or its integrity.
- You recognize that the CRNNS will monitor online access to ensure the online services are being used responsibly and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- You understand and accept that CRNNS can suspend or revoke your CRNNS user ID and password without notice under the following circumstances:
- we suspect unauthorized use of your personal information or your CRNNS user ID and password;
- as a security measure;
- for operational reasons i.e. including, but not limited to, the use of scripts, web crawlers or screen scrapers (except where approved in writing by CRNNS);
- for administrative reasons; or
- if you fail to abide by the terms and conditions of use.
- The CRNNS has taken all reasonable steps to ensure the security of its Committee Portal. We have used sophisticated encryption technology and incorporated other procedures to protect your personal information at all times. However, the Internet is a public network and there is the remote possibility of data security violations. In the event of such occurrences, you agree that the CRNNS is not responsible for any damages you may experience as a result.
- Without restricting the generality of the foregoing, CRNNS disclaims all liability for any claim in relation to:
- any matters or factors outside of its control, including the availability or unavailability of the Internet, or telecommunications or other infrastructure systems;
- the availability or unavailability of the Internet, or telecommunications or other infrastructure systems due to system maintenance;
- the availability or unavailability of the CRNNS user ID and password service for any reason;
- any illegal or fraudulent use of your CRNNS user ID or password; or
- the use of your CRNNS user ID and password in a foreign country where such use is prohibited by the laws of that country.
These terms and conditions of use may be amended from time to time. When this occurs, you will be presented with the new version and asked to indicate your acceptance once again before you are provided with access to the Committee Portal.
By accepting this agreement, and with each subsequent access to the Committee Portal, you are indicating your agreement to the terms and conditions of the preceding.